Thursday 8 October 2009

Classics for Children


Classics for Children
Customer Review: Guiness vs. Gielgud
I meant to get the version narrated by Sir John Gielgud not Sir Alec Guiness, but this version of Peter and the Wolf is ok. I'm not sure why the wolf must be "saved" and taken to the zoo however; I much prefer the original story, as Gielgud tells it (if I'm not mistaken). Gielgud seems to have better timing when telling the story than Guiness and the orchestra sounds zippier, for lack of a better classical term. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time tracking down the Gielgud version on Amazon.
Customer Review: Classics For Children/Fielder,Boston Pops
I have been searching for this for YEARS! My Mom got this for me when I was a child(on 8-track!)under a different title and with a different cover. I am a musician and this collection was definitely a big influence on me...I don't think my Mom knew what good she was doing when she got this for me! And I never realized until now that it was Sir Alec Guiness on this album! I am a big Star Wars fan, and this collection really brings things full circle for me! I'm buying this right now! This is a great way to introduce children to music other than Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears. THANK YOU, Amazon, for having this treasured memory in stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment