Saturday 4 April 2009

Chilling Classics 50 Movie Pack


Chilling Classics 50 Movie Pack
Get ready for a gut-wrenching journey into terror and madness that is strewn with bloody corpses and rocked by terrifying creatures in a relentlessly horrific universe.

Included

  • Alien Zone
  • Alpha Incident, The
  • Bad Taste
  • Bell from Hell
  • Blancheville Monster, The
  • Bloody Brood, The
  • Bucket of Blood, A
  • Cathy's Curse
  • Cold, The
  • Death Rage
  • Deep Red
  • Demon, The
  • Demons of Ludlow, The
  • Devil Times Five
  • Devil's Hand, The
  • Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon
  • Driller Killer, The
  • Drive-in Massacre
  • Funeral Home
  • Ghost, The
  • Gothic
  • Hands of a Stranger
  • Haunts
  • Horror Express
  • Horrors of Spider Island
  • I Bury the Living
  • I Eat Your Skin
  • Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter
  • Lady Frankenstein
  • Legend of Big Foot
  • Man in the Attic
  • Medusa
  • Messiah of Evil
  • Metamorphosis
  • Murder Mansion, The
  • Naked Massacre
  • Oasis of the Zombies
  • Panic
  • Passenger to Bali, A
  • Revenge of Doctor X, The
  • Scream Bloody Murder
  • Shock
  • Silent Night, Bloody Night
  • Sisters of Death
  • Slashed Dreams
  • Snowbeast
  • Track of the Moon Beast
  • War of the Robots
  • Werewolf in a Girl's Dormitory
  • Witches Mountain, The
    Customer Review: What I'm about to say is not really a review
    This is not really a review. I'm writing this to tell you that my "Chilling Classics 50 Movie Pack" did not come with Christmas Evil, Crypt Of The Living Dead, Deadtime Stories, Memorial Valley Massacre, The Milpitas Monster, and The Snake People. I must have gotten the second issue/second version/second edition/revised edition pack where Mill Creek replaced these six movies with six other movies. I just wanted to let people know. I'm in the process of tracking down these six movies. Take care. Later.
    Customer Review: Mill Crock
    Unbelievable. OK, I'm amazed that five pages of reviews focus on the cost vs the number of titles (must be Mill Creek employees that started that trend), or the quality of the movies. This is a 50-movie budget boxset...do people really expect A-grade films and become disappointed to find mostly B-movies and worse? Yes, folks...a 50-movie budget box is going to be packed with a mix of bombs and sleepers. The quality is going to also be mixed because these are public domain films and the sources are always going to vary. These details should be a given, and yet they are noted endlessly as if they are revelations and buyers should find this information unusual. So as I waded through 47 reviews looking for some piece of unique information -- in this case, does Mill Creek pop their logo up throughout the film -- not a mention of this useful detail. Some even called the set Mill Creek's best compilation yet. I gritted my teeth and added it to my cart. I also knew that I was spinning the roulette wheel since Mill Creek have this disconcerting habit of releasing their sets with multiple versions, causing confusion when buyers purchase the set only to find that the movie they bought the set for is on an alternate version. Charming. In the software world, updated versions use version numbers, but even though Mill Creek update the box and discs, they can't be bothered to note a difference anywhere in the packaging so buyers have to play guesswork as all versions are lumped together here. Charming. Those logos you see in the bottom corner of the screen are known in the industry as a "bug", which is ironic. And every fifteen minutes, you get to see Mill Creek's gaudy, non-translucent, obtrusive logo fade in, strike the pose, divert your attention away from the movie, then finally fade away until the next scheduled interval. Charming. That's the type of thing you expect from free TV, not something you pay for -- regardless of the cost per title. Would you buy a barrel of spoiled tomatoes just because the individual cost of each is mere pennies? Of course not. I like to pull out my movies, pop them up on the bigscreen for a cinema-style experience with my friends to simulate a theatrical showing. How is this possible when some little company is compelled to advertise themselves constantly, to remind you that this purchase you made came from them. It did serve the purpose for me, as that ugly logo is all I remember when I see this set on the shelf. I have several other Mill Creek sets that this does not occur on, and before writing this review, I had a whole bunch more ready to buy. Mind you, none of them are in my cart now. Nor will anything released by this company find its way into my cart. (I said that previously after this occured on their Cult Classics collection, but I was unwittingly lured in by the fact that the bug wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews...please note these things in your reviews folks, otherwise the practice will continue or get worse!) These films are public domain. With a little diligence, I could have downloaded all fifty of them and that would be perfectly legal. And that is what I will do with the other titles that I would have gladly paid for before experiencing this transgression from yet another careless publisher. A response from Mill Creek? Yeah, assuming this review doesn't get buried on the last page, you'll see "This review was not helpful" numbers since, after all, why would informing potential buyers about the quality of the package be something consumers would have a problem with? Am I being a negative creep, a hater? Nope...just letting the public know what they are paying for (or not.) If none of these details bother you, then purchase away. If they do, let Mill Creek know by saving your hard-earned money or spending it with companies that don't expect you to pay for shameless self-promotion.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment