Friday 24 April 2009

Living at the Movies (Poets, Penguin)


Living at the Movies (Poets, Penguin)
Customer Review: Wow
Wow. It's a side of life I'll never see and I'm quite okay with that, but I was enthralled with Jim Carroll's diaries. I just couldn't put them down.
Customer Review: Not the 'lost generation'
someone listed this as from the "poet" from a NEW generation of poets........ actually he isfar from it!!!!He seems to be still from (and not too original) the 60's. And as far removed from RIMBAUD as I am from O.J. Simpson. He has never left that novella of 'the basketball diaries' which seems to be page after page of the same ole thing with absolutely nothing sought nor learned...altho he did seem to share it with us but after 160 pages of self-centered cosmology that continuously just rewriting the season and year that was boredom to me (who also was there) incident after incident, over and over!!!I am not even from N.Y. and have never been there..... The movie gave the author much more than he deserved and somehow made the whole thing interesting and that doesn't usually happen when you go from book to movie. I have a friend who also expierenced this altho he does not have anti-gay asinine, neither clever or intelligent approach of jim carroll pronounced for his own reason to get occasional money. for his desires. One thing is that the movie did accomplish this and get all reasoning many steps above of this 'poet" who is firmly continually living on his past while trying to create a sentence while omitting several words is unable to have the advanced, brillant, forseen cleverness of RIMBAUD....to classify overrated Mr. Carroll may I just add the following: bovine, thick, witless, ill-advised, ludicrous, mindless, unthinking and un-wise....I have no intention of listening to the Carroll band because I can imagine very accurately which way they claim for the hopeful peneration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment