Thursday 25 June 2009

The Neverending Story


The Neverending Story
Small and insignificant Bastian Balthazar Bux is nobody's idea of a hero, least of all his own. Then, through the pages of an ancient, mysterious book, he discovers the enchanted world of Fantastica, and only Bastian himself can save the fairy people who live there.
Customer Review: The Never Ending Story really never ends!
The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende is a terrific fantsy book. I enjoyed it very much. My only complaint is that it seems to drag on for far too long. This made the story confusing becuase I had seen the films and had not anticipated the way the story continued past the original film's ending. For some people this could be a bonus. But for me it was a detraction. Througout most of the second half of the book, I just found myself wishing it would end. But I guess if it did, it wouldn't truly live up to its title. What I admire most about The Never Ending Story is the wonderful fantasy creatures and beings that appear within its pages. In my opinion, The Never Ending Story is the most creative and imaginative book I have ever read. It's simply mindblowing the kinds of zany and exotic biings that Ende conjurs up out of his wild imagination. I am still enamored of this book, but I must admit that I still prefer the 1984 Wolfgang Petersen film. To me, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and this book is a clear example of that. Still, I recommend this book to all children and fantasy fans, especially that it's a classic.
Customer Review: My daughter's favorite forever
My German friend recommended this book to me 22 years ago and I instantly fell in love with the world Ende had created. I was sad to leave the characters when I finished the book and promised them I would be back when I had my own child. I bought the book when my daughter became 7 and she also fell in love with this world. We shared favorite parts, funny parts, and sad parts, and that was the best part of coming back to Fantastica to me. My daughter is in high school now, but it's still her favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment