Thursday 2 July 2009

Shanghai Surprise


Shanghai Surprise
Customer Review: READABLE BUT NOT UNFORGETTABLE
I always loved China, so I saw the movie and the only thing I really liked of it was the opening song. I got the book with a magazine and I was very surprised when I read it: it was a real story, with even some historical background on China's '30s, and not taken from the movie. The book is decently written and the plot not that stupid, even if several weak points exist. Maybe 3 stars are a little too much, but after all it gave me some relaxing summer evenings, so it deserves them. But if you really like China's warlord period in the '30s, you should read Robert Elegant instead, even if his style is slower then Kenrik's, but his insight on chinese history and culture far deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment