Saturday 29 August 2009

Camille: The Lady of the Camellias (Signet Classic)


Camille: The Lady of the Camellias (Signet Classic)
Customer Review: The book is a classic.
I only bought the book for a friend named "Camille" who did not know anything about her literary namesake. I am not sure off the top of my head if this is the same author who wrote "The Three Musketeers." or not. I think this is the son. I can highly recommend the original B&W movie version starring Greta Garbo. I don't get emotional easily but the movie moved me. Also, obvious why Garbo was considered one of the "great" ones.
Customer Review: Tres belle y magnifique!
This was a beautifully written and tragic story of the love between a man and a sadly fated courtesan. This novel is quite a page turner, and it's very emotional as well. However, it didn't make me cry or feel deeply sorry for the characters at the end, just a bit sad. This is a nice classic, but it's not a deeply significant classic to read, nor is it one where you will get some deep, insight lessons from. If you are into romance, drama, and tragedy, then this book is for you. Just don't expect it to change your life or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment