Saturday 22 August 2009

Classics Go to the Movies, Vol. 2


Classics Go to the Movies, Vol. 2
Customer Review: Great End-Credits Music !
If you like classical music played on the ending credits of certain films, this is a must have. The greatest(of course) is Wagner's Funeral March from Twilight of the Gods played in the end of Excalibur. When I first heard it as the Three Queens on the Barge take King Arthur's body to Avalon, I loved it and I swear you will love it too. The music is loud and heralds a disaster, a twilight with a lot of dramatic overtone. The other stuff is pretty depressing, especially Albioni's Adagio used in Gallipoli-the saddest classical I have ever heard. But it has a sad beauty nonetheless and I listen to it when I'm depressed. Mozart's Clarinet Concerto is also slow but great. Buy this cd if you like sad, ending-credit credit music in movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment