Wednesday 21 January 2009

Jackie Mason Comedy Trilogy


Jackie Mason Comedy Trilogy
Customer Review: "Jackie Mason is Like Chocolate."
I had the privilege of speaking to Mr. Mason the other day and this precipitated my attempt to thoroughly check out his oeuvre. I'll try to review whatever films I am able to get a hold of. As for this Comedy Trilogy, the first part isn't purely a performance video, but a documentary about Jackie's life that features quite a few comedic segments along with a great many interviews with his relatives and celebrities who know him. The thing I liked best about the special was the old clips from the sixties from The Ed Sullivan and Steve Allen shows. Seeing him as a young up-and-coming comic was great. The second part showcases his stand-up act in Israel. The stuff on sexual harassment was absolutely classic. The third part is a video of his acceptance speech for an award from the Oxford University Debating Society. His ability to answer questions about things like racial stereotyping was particularly impressive. Mason seems to give each audience a unique kind of shtick.
Customer Review: Great Gift
I bought this for a friend of mine and he throughly enjoyed it. He raves that he misses his kind of humor, dry and smart. Looks like I'm going to have to purchase a copy for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment