Sunday 31 May 2009

Classic Jazz Drummers: Swing and Beyond


Classic Jazz Drummers: Swing and Beyond
Customer Review: A classic DVD for all jazz fans!
Whether you are a hard-core jazz fan or someone with a passing knowledge of this music form, this is a DVD you must watch. It is simply incredible and offers a nice 'recap' of the best jazz drummers in music history. I enjoyed all the drummers who appear on this DVD but my favorites are Buddy Rich, Lionel Hampton, and Philly Joe Jones. While some of the video transitions from one segment to another are not quite as smooth as we are accustomed to in this day of video technology, that is okay, because the musical performances are amazing. If I had a young child I wanted to expose to jazz, this would be the DVD I would show him/her.
Customer Review: Classic Jazz Drummers: Swing and Beyond DVD
I really enjoyed watching this DVD. It gives you an appreciation of the roots of jazz drummers and how their talents and innovative approaches to drumming set the stage for the great drummers of today. Although some of the film footage of the early jazz drummers is lacking by today's standards, the amazing skills of the early jazz drummers is still captured. I would recommend to anyone who is a drummer or is intrest in early roots of jazz or drumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment