Tuesday 26 May 2009

Essential Classics - Musicals (My Fair Lady / Singin' in the Rain / Gigi)


Essential Classics - Musicals (My Fair Lady / Singin' in the Rain / Gigi)
Studio: Warner Home Video Release Date: 05/13/2008
Customer Review: Musical DVD review
I must have been sentimental when I ordered this. Wanting to share some "good old classics" with my preteen children, I was excited to view the three musicals with them. Gigi should be banned for girls - and boys, as a matter of fact (what were they thinking??); My Fair Lady is entertaining and a classic but not a favorite with my 6-year-old. The only one I truly want to keep and see again is "Singing in the Rain", a story with some value - and the approval of all my kids.
Customer Review: Hollywood Musicals of the 50's
Very disappointing. We didn't even watch all of it.......would return for a refund if I could. It's nothing but advertisements of the movies,lots of print (telling it's in what kind of color, extravaganza, etc.) Boring! It had VERY brief segments from different movies. I thought there would be some complete movies, not just segments. The cover even shows 6 specific movies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment