Sunday 24 May 2009

Hollywood Classic Movies 1: NEW LIGHT ON MOVIE BESTS


Hollywood Classic Movies 1: NEW LIGHT ON MOVIE BESTS
Everyone has a "best" list of favorite movies. I introduce my list and then provide complete details on 80 films, some from my "best" list, a few from my "worst", and a couple "in-between".
Customer Review: New Light on Movie Bests
I must confess I'm fascinated by lists. Especially movie lists. So I couldn't resist a book that promised me an essential 1,001 movies to see before I die. What a disappointment! Classic movies received rather short shrift in that book, so I created my own list of the top 400 must-see classic films. And here it is! Some of the selected films receive extended treatment in my book, but I also draw attention to a number of fine pictures that, while they could not be considered the top of the best (or anywhere near the top), are nonetheless so vastly entertaining they will delight every classic movie fan. And there are also a couple of also-rans that seemingly had all the makings for success--great cast, gifted writers, capable directors, lavish budgets--but failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment