Saturday 21 February 2009

Savannah Smiles


Savannah Smiles
Savannah is the only child of a wealthy politician, Richard Driscoll (Chris Robinson) who is more concerned with his image and career than with his family. When only the maid shares Savannahs birthday cake, she decides to run away. She hides in her aunts car that is stolen that next day by two bungling criminals (Mark Miller and Donovan Scott) who are on the loose. Surprised at having Savannah in the car, the criminals try to decide what to do with her. Savannah refuses to tell them her name or where she lives. So, they have no choice but to take her back to their hideout. Savannah's disappearance is in the newspapers and a $100,000 reward is offered for her safe return. The criminals decide to keep her a little longer so they can figure out how to collect the money and not be caught or charged with kidnapping. A unique friend ship emerges as the three get to know each other as a hard-nosed detective (Peter Graves) tries to find her. In a final showdown, Savannah expresses her love for the two criminals who showed her love and friendship as her father looks on, embarrassed by being upstaged by these two criminals.
Customer Review: Savannah Smiles
We purchased this DVD as a Christmas gift for our Mom. She has had the VHS tape for several years and it is wearing out. We have looked for this movie on DVD format for 3yrs and are extremely happy to have found it on Amazon.com! It arrived approximately 1 week after placing our order and selecting ground shipping. We will order again from Amazon.com. The DVD is in mint condition and played well. Thank you Amazon.com!
Customer Review: Another Generation for Savannah Smiles
My sisters took me to this movie when I was 6 years old, and it quickly became my favorite. Still is. My best friend and I made it a yearly occasion to watch this movie together until I left home for college. To this day all I have to say is "I could use a friend, Padre" and we're both in tears. We just decided to order the movie. Even though we live 600 miles apart, I'm sure we'll watch it "together" on the phone. I am so excited to share this movie with my daughters who are 6 and 8. They don't make movies like this anymore (and I am way too young to say that).

No comments:

Post a Comment