Friday 20 February 2009

The Three Musketeers


The Three Musketeers
Studio: Warner Home Video Release Date: 03/06/2007 Run time: 126 minutes Rating: Nr
Customer Review: One of my favorite Gene Kelly Movies
I love Gene Kelly! In recent years I sense that he hasn't gotten the due he has deserved. I might be the only one that feels this way, but it seems that our world today is steadily forgetting the great silver screen stars of our movie past that showed the rest of hollywood past and present what being a movie star was all about. Maybe that's just the way it is... maybe we can't do anything about it... But that doens't mean I have to like it! Enough of that.. This is a great movie in it's own right. Based on the Alexandre Dumas classic the movie stays true to the book, and pushed me to find other movies based on classic works. The cast is great! June Allison is so sympathetic (to me at least), and the best supporting character in the movie has to be Vincent Price. Gene Kelly the star of the film shows in comic chops, as well as his dramatic. I can't imagine any major film actor today being able to do what Gene did athletically in the film. Truely a film for the ages that every Kelly fan, silver screen fan, & Dumas fan should pick up.
Customer Review: Another Great Swashbuckler
Another wonderful swashbuckler. Very entertaining. The color is wonderful. There is nothing like the old movies Terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment