Friday 8 May 2009

I Am Third (TV tie-in): The Inspiration for Brian's Song


I Am Third (TV tie-in): The Inspiration for Brian's Song
I Am Third is the memoir of Gale Sayers, one of the best running backs in the history of the NCAA and pro football. It is also the story of his friendship with Brian Piccolo. Known also as a community leader and great friend to all, Sayers's credo is, "The Lord is first, my friends are second, and I am third."
Customer Review: I am Third review
I Am Third was a very good book about the life of Gale Sayers. As a child, Gale Sayers was a very athletically gifted kid. The only problem was, he grew up in a very poor neighborhood. With the support of his friends and family, he went on to play college football at the University of Kansas, and eventually become one of the greatest NFL running backs ever. This book was a great story about overcoming obstacles to reach your ultimate dream. After his football career, he became a succesful businessman and was the athletic director at Southern Illinois. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes football and inspirational books.I Am Third (TV tie-in): The Inspiration for Brian's Song
Customer Review: Good look at the life of a great running back
Being a huge Bears fan, and too young to have seen Gale play, this was a great look at the life and career of Gale Sayers. A little slow at times, but gives a first hand experience on everything in his life, from growing up, to college ball at Kansas, his relationship with Brian Picolo (which always brings a tear to the eye), and life after football. Obviously, a great addition to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment