Sunday 17 May 2009

National Velvet


National Velvet
Velvet brown is a young girl who wins an unruly horse in a lottery and dreams of training it and one day entering it in englands greatest racing event. A young man helps velvet train her horse pie for the big race. But when the jockey bows out at the last minute its up to velvet to ride to victory herself Studio: Warner Home Video Release Date: 02/03/2004 Starring: Elizabeth Taylor Mickey Rooney Run time: 124 minutes Rating: Nr Director: Clarence Brown
Customer Review: Inpiring, beautiful, and not just for kids!
This movie is not about a girl, or her love for horses. Nor is it about a young man who is about to go down the wrong path. This movie is about faith, hope, and love, with a dash of humility thrown in. It sets a high standard -- how to win people by trusting them, and treating them with respect. I love this movie. I'm 57 years old and have just seen it for the first time. I don't know why I didn't see it sooner. I certainly wish I had. If you have a Bible, go read 1 Corinthians 13. This is what this movie is about, and it is a fine example of how to live your life to the fullest under the example described in this Biblical verse.
Customer Review: Good, exciting and nostalgic fun
I purchased this vid for my mother, who was a big Liz Taylor fan at the time when Taylor (and my mother) were young. My mom's 81 now, and still really enjoyed this film. In fact, she wound up viewing it and sending it to her granddaughter (now 13)who is a horse lover. The verdict is not in yet as to whether it'll be too dated for her, but so far it's a big hit for the young and, well, not so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment