Wednesday 23 September 2009

Tcm Turner Classic Movies 2008 Dvd Catalog


Tcm Turner Classic Movies 2008 Dvd Catalog
Customer Review: An overwhelming delight for the film and television buff
I finally got around to ordering this catalog after seeing it advertised on Turner Classic Movies. When it arrived this morning I was overwhelmed- it was all that I expected and more. I have to assume that if you are also a life-long film buff then your reaction will be simular. I have not had time to fully explore this catalog but I can already tell that alot of work went into it. First of all, you have a full index in the back to find every film by title. However, there is also a "star" index in front to find the films of your favorite actors (grouped on their own page or two.) The main organization though is by genre (action and adventure to westerns.) This makes browsing a joy even if you do not remember the exact title or star. In fact, you are going to spend hours and hours just browsing through this thing- and it will be a joy. By the way, there are B & W images of posters and film stills on every page. It isn't just classic movie standards either- there are sections on silents, documentaries, animation, cult films, foreign films, erotica, classic television, etc. And every bit of it is available for purchase at reasonable prices. There is much here that I have never seen available from any other source. Oh yes, there are not any rating stars here- you will have to make up your own mind. The descriptive paragraphs are just that- descriptive and largely neutral. As for the size of the print, I am in my 50's and I didn't have any problems with it. If this catalog was not in fine print then it would be far too large to be practical.
Customer Review: You will need a magnifying glass to read it!!
This is a terrible book! and whoever put it together doesn't know much about readers. The print is so small that you cannot sit down and read it. You will need to buy a magnifying glass to read it! Next the movie organization in the book is terrible and is not indexed in an alphabetical method. I am just very upset with this catalog purchase. I believe that there is a minimum FONT size, that major book publisher use when putting books together, its to bad TCM didn't research their publishing methods. Otherwise most classic movies are included in this book, with a very short movie description. I know I will never buy another TCM catalog again..!

No comments:

Post a Comment