Wednesday 4 March 2009

The Moon-Spinners


The Moon-Spinners
When nikki ferris and her aunt took a trip to a small greek island they never expected to get involved in jewel theft and murder Studio: Buena Vista Home Video Release Date: 04/05/2005 Starring: Hayley Mills Run time: 118 minutes Rating: Pg
Customer Review: One of Disney's sophisticated movies
When I was a little girl - I didn't fully appreciate this film as much as I do now. The reason for doing so was that, I loved the more romantic & old fashioned life action movies, that Disney is well known for, such as such as "Pollyanna" & "Summer Magic". But over the years, I have grown fond of this movie and now it is one of my very favourite Disney movies to watch. Unfortunately, I have not yet read the novel on which the movie is based on, so all I can remark on is the film itself. The locations used for the film are exotic and the music used in the film fits both the tone of the movie and adds to the Greek atmosphere, although the title song "The Moon Spinners" used at the beginning of the film could be viewed as a bit much. All of the actors are superb in their respective roles; including Hayley Mills; Peter MeEnery; and Eli Wallach (who is, at times, unnerving in his role as the villian Stratos). This is definitely a film for not only Disney fans, but for anyone who loves a good romantic mystery.
Customer Review: Still Enjoying
Saw this movie (more then once!) in the theater when first released and thought it was great. Ordered one for my family and one for my brother's family when I realized it was on DVD. It is still a pleasure to watch, and a good one for the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment