Sunday 13 September 2009

Mouse on the Mayflower


Mouse on the Mayflower
Customer Review: Nostalgic Entertainment
I video taped this off of television for my children when they were all little. I taped it because I thought there might come a day when they would not be playing it on TV anymore, turns out I was right about that, however I never saw this on VHS for sale in any store or I would probably have a better quality tape, my video taping skills leave something to be desired. Now I see the used VHS tapes are quite expensive, perhaps even rare. Which is why this show needs to be restored and sold on DVD so that families can watch this again. Besides, my poor tape is old and will not last forever so I'd like to see this one up for sale, soon. Returning it to television would be nice too. My children are all grown now and every year I play this during the Holiday season, often more than once. I just watched it today with my grandson who is 6 months old, granted he was not as interested as I for obvious reasons. The movie is an animated children's historical view of The Mayflower Story. It addresses all things important pertaining to that story, including religious freedom, the hardships the pilgrims suffered, meeting and learning new things from the Indians. I think this story shows children brotherly love, the importance of prayer and people communicating and working together. Most of all it shows "thankfulness" which is what this holiday represents in the first place. This is a great family holiday film and there are very few films about Thanksgiving available today anyway.
Customer Review: Delightful Lesson In Our Nation's Early History
"Set sail with the tiniest Pilgrim for a music-filled voyage to the land of the free! The Mouse on the Mayflower is the classic American tale that provides a DELIGHTFUL LESSON IN OUR NATION'S EARLY HISTORY. Along with our furry hero, kids will join the colonists as they cross the Atlantic, survive the harsh New England winter, befriend the Indians, and finally sit down to this country's very first Thanksgiving dinner. The Mouse on the Mayflower is a holiday treat the entire family will treasure! Approximate Running Time: 50 minutes Told and Sung by Tennessee Ernie Ford Eddie Albert as Captain Standish John Gary as John Alden Joanie Sommer as Priscilla Mullins Written by Romeo Muller Music by Maury Laws Lyrics by Jules Bass Produced and Directed by Arthur Rankin, Jr. and Jules Bass Musical Director Maury Laws. NTSC format 1VHS. But, playable with multisystem VHS Player and Television in the world too..." [from the back cover of the VHS case and experience]

No comments:

Post a Comment